The new 7000 Series range - the Imaje 7011, 10 watt laser and the Imaje 7031, 30 watt laser – is designed to code demanding primary packaging applications including food and beverage products.
This next generation laser coder series features a third-generation head that operates at full potential at temperatures up to 35° C, a modular design to allow easy integration into production lines and a unique intuitive user interface designed with the operator in mind.
According to François Barreau, Group product manager, the Imaje 7000 Series is a major step ahead in scribing laser technology.
“With the Imaje 7000 Series, laser coding will never be the same again: overheating problems are a thing of the past, poor printing performances at high speed and limited duty cycles. The Imaje 7000 provides an excellent opportunity for FMCG companies that want to change their marking technology for the better,” says Barreau.
The Imaje 7000 Series represents the next generation of low power CO2 scribing laser with the latest advanced technological features. The result is a very high-quality coding and an optimisation of costs: no plant air nor water needed to cool the laser head, high product throughput, increased flexibility and honest ease of use.
The Imaje 7000 Series laser head is the powerful combination of the most advanced galvohead technology with the latest CO2 laser source. The benefits are the following:
• High product throughput with no requirement for external cooling (up to 1,000 characters per second)
• More printing capabilities with Imaje’s 10 watt or 30 watt laser than current competitive systems of similar power ratings, and
• Maximum flexibility with the widest selection of lenses on the market today.
The 7000 Series can be easily integrated onto any manufacturing application because of its modular design consisting of three separate components: controller, cable and laser head. This unique design provides:
• Consistent coding quality up to 35° C
• IP rating suitable for industrial environments (stainless steel cabinet for the controller and aluminium body with FDA approved coating for the head)
• The most compact head with 0° and 90° laser beam orientation and ultra flexible interconnecting cable (six-nine meters), and
• Easy access to safety features with an emergency stop button, dedicated power and shutter control keys on the face of the controller.
The ‘iTouch’ user interface was designed with the operator in mind. The result is message creation and editing is simple and requires few key strokes.
The “iTouch” screen with its intuitive icons makes for easy menu navigation and printer operation:
• Large 30.48cm colour touch screen : WYSIWYG display with zoom function and QWERTY keyboard
• intuitive icons for simple message access
• “One stroke” access for variable message editing
• User confirmation required for safe operation
• On-line help file, and
• Multi-level user password management.
Imaje, a wholly owned subsidiary of the New York-based Dover Group (NYSE: DOV), is a leading manufacturer of coding and marking solutions. Founded in 1982 in Bourg-lès-Valence, France, Imaje employs more than 1,700 people worldwide and posted sales of over $US366m in 2005.
With 32 subsidiaries and over 60 distributors, Imaje operates in over 120 countries. Additionally three R&D centres, six manufacturing plants and ten service centres strategically located around the globe, support Imaje’s customers.
Imaje technologies include small character and large character inkjet printers, low and high power laser coders, thermal transfer printers, print, and apply label applicators.