EFI has launched Version 3.1 of its Colorproof XF proofing and large-format production solution.
Significant enhancements and innovative new functions deliver increased automation, efficiency, cost savings, and include: the new XF Server on Macintosh® OS X, delivering a complete cross-platform application for Windows® and Mac environments; an enhanced Dot Creator Option for screening contone data; and a superior Fiery Option, which seamlessly integrates Fiery-driven devices into the Colorproof XF workflow.
“Supporting EFI’s commitment to deliver increased automation, efficiency, and cost savings for our customers, Version 3.1 of our industry-leading Colorproof XF solution ensures greater freedom in work style and access to more applications,” says Stefan Spiegel, general manager, Graphic Arts Solutions, EFI.
“Our technical advancements make the system more powerful to achieve higher productivity and significant time-savings; our customers will benefit from enhanced ease-of-use, increased customer satisfaction and greater profit potential.”
Using EFI Bestcolor Technology, tEFI Colorproof XF transforms inkjet and laser printers into powerful proofing and production systems and is renowned for its outstanding performance, colour quality, flexibility and intuitive interface.
The new XF Server on Mac OS X makes the system a complete cross-platform solution. Combined with its client/server architecture and modular concept, Colorproof XF offers an unprecedented level of customization to fit individual needs.
“Our customers are extremely impressed with the enhancements that have been made in Colorproof XF V3.1," says Russell Cavenagh, sales director, DES.
"Already the industry’s most flexible product, Colorproof XF V3.1 has become even more versatile and an essential part of the modern proofing workflow,”
- Support for Mac OS X increases Colorproof XF’s flexibility and customer requirements for consistent operating environments
- Simple server/printer balancing increases the processing capability and output volume, resulting in increased efficiency and profitability
- Soft proof capabilities ensure that colours look the same on all monitors, reducing the costs and time associated with unnecessary printouts
- New functionalities, such as “font checker” and “crop to fit,” prevent incorrect output, while saving material and production time
- Support for the latest UGRA/Fogra media wedge v2.2, including the new media wedge for HP Z Series embedded spectrophotometer, and the support of the new ISO profiles (ISO Coated v2/ISI Coated v2 300/ISO Coated SC (ECI)) give customers access to the industry state of the art
- Enhanced Fiery Option delivers increased functionality, productivity and output volume, allowing customers to benefit from a multifunctional printer pool with centralised colour management
- Improved File Export Option provides an automated workflow to set up a Colour Server
- Extended Dot Creator offers an alternative screening method for new application areas
EFI Colorproof XF 3.1 is available in Australia fnow, from certified EFI dealers and distributors including DES.