As value added UV sheetfed printing is of ever increasing interest worldwide, the new Guide answers these questions and many more:
- Do you want to grow your business by using Value Added Printing?
- Do you want to sell print into new higher value markets?
- Do you want a Guide that gives you all the economic data, production tips and best practice knowledge, all in one place?
PrintCity says if the answer to any of these questions is yes then you should contact the UV Printing PrintCity Alliance members to ask for your own personal copy of this 64 page guide.
Adphos-Eltosch, Böttcher, MAN Roland, Merck, Trelleborg, Sappi, Sun Chemical, UPM
The publication comes with the shared knowledge of market leading ink, paper, press, consumables and UV curing companies including Adphos-Eltosch, Böttcher, MAN Roland, Merck, Trelleborg, Sappi, Sun Chemical, and UPM Kymmene, and is also available at a price of €30 per copy from the new PrintCity Alliance Web Shop at www.printcity.de/shop .
PrintCity says this Optimised UV Sheetfed Printing Guide is the most comprehensive reference book available, produced with the aim of educating printers, converters and brand owners worldwide about UV sheetfed printing best practice for both packaging and commercial printing.
Based on the first edition guide published by PrintCity members in 2004 and already used by thousands of printers, this new 2008 edition focuses on strategic and economic advantages of the process and includes major new sections or expanded analysis and guidance on:
- New section on UV Printing Economics - Analysis of nine different processes for both commercial and packaging printing applications. Includes investment and operating costs for prepress (plates), press (make-ready, production) and consumables (ink, coating, paper/board), giving a complete overview to assist investment decisions
- Choice of which UV Process - dedicated UV, alternating UV, primer-UV, classic UV, hybrid UV - versus the benchmark conventional sheetfed offset process
- Selection of Equipment & Consumables - Best practice guidelines for a wide range of printing and packaging applications. Equipment and consumables overview and advice across many different press configurations
- UV Best Practice Operation - Including safety & environment considerations, inks & coatings, curing systems, post-press processing and production diagnostics
- Most Frequently Asked Questions - About UV Sheetfed operations - packaging and commercial printing
- UV Printing Overview - Why use UV? What is UV curing? Which UV ink system?
The guide has been compiled by PrintCity Alliance project members Adphos-Eltosch, Böttcher, MAN Roland, Merck, Trelleborg, Sappi, Sun Chemical and UPM under the project leadership of John Adkin of Sun Chemical.
Other contributors include Agfa-Gevaert, Eurographica, FOGRA, GATF and the Welsh Centre for Printing and Coating at the University of Swansea.