“We’ve continued to build on the success of the ECRM RIP to create our most advanced workflow solution yet", says Derek Sizer, vice president EMEA for ECRM. “With installations numbering in the thousands worldwide, our customers like its robust design, unbeatable reliability and simple operation".
This simple operation combined with a sophisticated feature set is the key to the success of the existing ECRM RIP. Many ECRM customers use it as the heart of a complete digital output management solution, customised to their needs by the available plug-in options.
In addition to the features and options of the existing product, the new software provides the following enhancements:
• the ECRM RIP is now JDF ready via an upcoming JDF module;
• a new Control Strip feature adds job information and colour control elements to proofing jobs;
• expanded platform support includes Windows 2003 Server and Macintosh OSX v10.3.X;
• Enfocus pre-flight verification of PDF files, when using a Pitstop workflow, the RIP can detect whether PDF files have been previously certified;
• add-on RIP options such as TrapPro may now be enabled for evaluation at no charge.
• TrapPro now supports transparency; and
• ability to define and control file-naming conventions in a Tiff workflow environment.
“With the latest RIP upgrade, our existing users will see improvements in both image quality and productivity", confirms Sizer. “In order to offer the best value possible on the market today, we have aggressively priced the RIP and its options, enabling all users to benefit from its state-of-the-art technology".
The new system also features Recombine Version 2, a unique feature allowing pre-separated PostScript files to be trapped, proofed or colour managed. Recombine Version 2 also provides increased colour and position accuracy as well as support for more types of patterns and objects, such as transparency.
With the new package, the ECRM Filmsetter RIP now supports ECRM’s buffered, on-line filmsetters, including the Stingray and Marlin, as well as both the Mako and VR series models.