Brett Foran, pre-press apprentice at the Government’s Land & Property Management Authority (LPI) took out the LIA-Heidelberg NSW Graduate of the Year Award at a ceremony in Sydney last week.
This year, eight graduates competed for the coveted prize, with industry representatives packing out the function room of the North Ryde, RSL club to show their support for the state’s high achievers.
Guests heard from the night’s keynote speaker Nick Farr-Jones, who was caption of the Wallabies when they won the 1991 Rugby World Cup. He made correlations between Rugby and printing saying “if you take care of the processes, the scoreboard looks after itself.”
Commenting on his win Foran thanked his employer, family and assembled guest saying it was “great to see so much support and recognition for young people in the print industry.”
Foran will now go up against graduates from the other states as they compete for the National GAMAA-LIA Scholarship Prize.
Other finalists on the night included:
The other graduates were:
- David Whitmore – Digital – Print Fuji Xerox Australia
- Erica Mast – Print Finishing – All Book Bindery
- Philip Rosie – Flexo Labels – Graphitype
- Nerida Cunneen – Pre-Press – Pure Colours Digital Imaging
- Murray Grant – Screen Print – Screen and Display
- Jarrod Morrison – Lithography – Land & Property Information